What is included with a base unit?
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), Panasonic Utilities (including Dashboard)
- Intel® AtomTM x5-Z8550 Processor (1.44 GHz up to 2.4 GHz)
- 4GB SDRAM, 32GB eMMC, MicroSDHC slot
- 800 nit 10.1" WUXGA 1920x1200 10-finger multi touch daylight-readable screen
- Integrated dual microphone and monaural speaker
- 2MP front camera, 8MP rear camera with auto focus and LED light
- USB 3.0 and stand-alone USB 3.1 Type-C
- Standard full size HDMI output
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC8260 Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth® v4.2 (Class 1) + EDR
- AC Power Adapter and primary battery
- 3-Year Standard Toughbook Preferred Warranty
- EVERYTHING ELSE IS OPTIONAL AND AN UPGRADE
SHIPPING AND LEAD-TIMES
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Panasonic TOUGHBOOK laptops and tablets, accessories and related mounting equipment are enterprise solutions that are typically custom-built to order and thus carry a lead time of anywhere from 2-3 weeks to 2-3 months. Please note that online orders where expedited shipping is selected do NOT mean that a specific product is in stock and will ship right away. It simply means we will ship via the selected method when the product is available to ship. We can only confirm availability over the phone or online chat. Availability changes daily if not hourly. While we do our best to have a wide variety of TOUGHBOOK models and accessories in stock, this particular supply chain is challenging and we ask that customers please confirm availability with us on the phone when time is a priority. Additionally, expedited shipping will not apply to multiple items that might have multiple lead times and ship dates. It is typically applying to the main item of an order. Again, please call us ASAP at 877-532-8088 to discuss urgent needs and expedited shipping.
Due to restrictions set by the manufacturer and their distributors, Panasonic TOUGHBOOK computers and accessories cannot be returned. Customers should refuse delivery of any visibly damaged packages. Any non-visible damage must be reported immediately to MooringTech.com. Defective or malfunctioning units must be handled directly with Panasonic at 1-800-LAPTOP5 (800-527-867). Potential exceptions to this return policy can only be arranged prior to purchasing the product and only with the explicit consent of a sales representative who is firmly aware of all extenuating circumstances. Returns will not be accepted by MooringTech.com without a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). Returned items lacking an RMA will be refused or sent back to the customer at the customer’s expense. Shipping and handling charges are always non-refundable. Approved returns will almost always include a 20% restocking fee. We are not intending to be difficult to work with and value our customer's business. However, Panasonic TOUGHBOOK devices, all related accessories, and vehicle mounting solutions are not normal consumer products. These are custom-built, made-to-order solutions that are NON-RETURNABLE. Please contact us at 877-532-8088 with any questions or concerns regarding this return policy.
STANDARD WARRANTYAll new Panasonic TOUGHBOOK devices sourced from authorized dealers are protected from manufacturing defects for three years. The standard warranty includes a priority parts exchange program and repair service at no cost with overnight shipping to and from Panasonic included. Panasonic’s standard warranty (often referred to as “TOUGHBOOK Preferred”) also includes lifetime technical support directly with Panasonic at 1-800-LAPTOP-5. In addition, TOUGHBOOK end-users have online access to drivers, first-aid disks, BIOS updates, tools, utilities, and manuals. Panasonic's Standard Manufacturer's Warranty does NOT cover accidental damage of any kind.
ORIGINAL BATTERY WARRANTY
All new batteries, whether included in the original TOUGHBOOK purchase or acquired as an accessory after the fact, are covered under warranty for one (1) year from the date of purchase. Replacement batteries supplied to a customer under warranty are only covered through the end date of the original purchase.
Extends original standard warranty (minus the battery) through 4 or 5 years.
While the standard warranty covers anything that happens to your TOUGHBOOK under normal operations (meaning manufacturer’s defects), it does NOT cover accidental damage of any kind. It is a common misconception that MIL-STD-rated laptops like a Toughbook are warranted for damage within a parameter like a 6ft drop. Meaning if you drop your TOUGHBOOK from 3 feet and it breaks then it is covered by the standard warranty. This is NOT correct. It is impossible for Panasonic to know if it were 3 inches or 3 stories. The only way to be covered from accidental damage is to purchase a Protection Plus or Ultimate Care warranty upgrade. Protection Plus covers one major component failure per year and is limited to one complete device replacement during the warranty period.
ULTIMATE CAREUltimate Care is essentially unlimited Protection Plus. This means Panasonic will fix or replace your TOUGHBOOK an unlimited number of times within the upgraded warranty period. It does not apply in the case of natural disasters (think hurricane or fire) as well as theft/loss and intentional damage (you as the customer trying to upgrade an internal component when you shouldn’t).
What type of plug into the unit for power? e.g. barrel? mini-usb?
The Toughpad A2 will use Panasonic's normal AC Power Adapter (60W) to charge. It is NOT a mini-USB.
Is the GPS standard? What is the GPS chip? Any statistics on its accuracy?
GPS is standard in one form or the other. On the spec sheet it will say "4G LTE mobile broadband with satellite GPS or Wi-Fi with stand-alone GPS available in all configurations." There is a difference between the two and it is as follows:
Satellite based dedicated GPS (Ublox module) - WAAS Correction (for higher location reliability) - 26 sec. time to initial fix - No radio required (good for Federal customers who cannot have built-in radios) - Supports pass though of antenna signal to external (roof mount) antennas - Accuracy- roughly 15 ft.
Satellite based LTE GPS (Qualcomm chipset) - Built into current Gobi and Multi-carrier LTE chipsets - 32 sec. time to initial fix - Doesn’t require radio to be provisioned (Flexibility for enabling mobile broadband later) - Accuracy- roughly 15 ft.
What are all of the differences between the Lite, Prime, Touchscreen and Performance models?
1. The "Lite" unit is going to offer the most basic configuration and will have some limitations on what options can be added. It will have a 500GB(5400rpm) hard drive, a light-weight battery and NO backlit keyboard. You CANNOT add a serial port, webcam, fingerprint or dual-pass to a Lite unit.
2. The "Prime" unit is going to offer the full menu of options and also adds a 500GB(7200rpm) hard drive, a long-life battery and a backlit keyboard. The Prime unit, like the Lite, will have a standard 1366 x 768 resolution.
3. The "Touchscreen" unit has everything a Prime unit has, but with a 1000-NIT sunlight viewable display and a 1920 x 1080 full HD resolution.
4. The "Performance" version has everything the Touchscreen unit has, except you substitute the touchscreen and 1000-NIT display for an AMD FirePro graphics card with dedicated video RAM. Unfortunately, you cannot have BOTH dedicated video RAM AND a bright outdoor viewable display. You have to make a fundamental choice between the two when deciding between a Touchscreen and Performance version.