need a custom quote or have questions?
Panasonic TOUGHBOOK G2 10.1-in Windows® Fully-Rugged Tablet or 2-in-1
Regular price$ 2,860.00Sale
Product SKU: FZ-G2ABFBXKM-CB
Panasonic's TOUGHBOOK G2 pushes rugged mobile computing to the next level. Building on the revolutionary modular design developed for the TOUGHBOOK 55, the TOUGHBOOK G2 is a highly customizable fully-rugged tablet or 2-in-1 that enables customers to leverage the best of both worlds. Three expansion areas offer 36 different combinations of features. The new TOUGHBOOK G2 is the evolution and merging of the popular TOUGHBOOK G1 and versatile TOUGHBOOK 20 product lines. For those customers needing a slightly smaller and lighter-weight solution from the industry leader in rugged mobility, look no further than a customized TOUGHBOOK G2. The TOUGHBOOK G2 can be purchased as a tablet only, or customers can add the optional keyboard to create a true 2-in-1 solution.
**The TOUGHBOOK G2 is sold as both a tablet only or a 2-in-1 when the keyboard is added. The keyboard is NOT standard. Pricing shown on this online builder does NOT include the keyboard unless explicitly noted.**
Customers familiar with Panasonic TOUGHBOOK devices will see the new TOUGHBOOK G2 as a much-needed refresh of the stalwart TOUGHBOOK G1 and a welcome evolution to the TOUGHBOOK 20. Panasonic has wisely merged those two models that did have some overlap and appears to have learned from their successes and failures. The TOUGHBOOK G2 will borrow from the widely successful modular design of the TOUGHBOOK 55 and definitively resolves any connection issues the TOUGHBOOK 20 had with its keyboard. We should see the TOUGHBOOK G2 settle into a long and dominant run in both classic verticals such as EMS and Fire as well as new verticals eager for legitimate functional rugged mobility. Brighter screen, longer battery life, easier to configure. Yes, yes, and yes.
Integrated Features - Expansion Areas - xPAKs
Top Expansion Area: Your choice between...
1D/2D Barcode Reader (N6603)
2nd LAN (Ethernet)
True Serial Dongle
Rear Expansion Area: Your choice between...
Insertable SmartCard Reader (CAC)
Contactless SmartCard Reader (CAC)
SSD Expansion Area: Your choice between...
512GB OPAL SSD
1TB OPAL SSD
The above xPAK modules are user-interchangeable. Only one option per area can reside in each respective expansion area at one time, but customers can certainly change them out as needed. For example, while you can't have both a Serial dongle and Ethernet port on the tablet at one time, you can certainly swap them in and out as needed in the field with relative ease (albeit a small Phillips head screwdriver may be needed).
Innovative modular design
Backward compatible with most TOUGHBOOK G1 and 20 docks
512GB or 1TB Quick-release OPAL NVMe SSD with heater
Optional bridge battery
MIL-STD-810H, MIL-STD-461G, IP65
Optional ANSI Haz Loc (class 1 div 2) certified units
Factory installed 16GB or 32GB RAM (DDR4)
Optional (Band 14 EM7511) 4G LTE-A multi carrier w/satellite GPS
Optional dedicated GPS (u-blox NEO M8N)
Up to 18+ hours battery life
2.9 lbs. (4.9 lbs. with optional keyboard)
Optional emissive keyboard to create a true 2-in-1
In general, Panasonic Toughbooks, accessories and related mounting equipment are enterprise solutions that are typically custom built to order and thus carry a lead-time of anywhere from 2-3 weeks to 2-3 months. Please be advised that online orders where expedited shipping is chosen does NOT mean that specific product is in stock and will ship right away. It simply means we will ship via the selected method when the product is available to ship. We can only confirm availability over the phone or online chat. While we do our best to have a wide variety of Toughbook models and accessories in stock, this particular supply chain is challenging and we ask that customers please confirm availability with us on the phone when time is a priority. Additionally, expedited shipping will not apply to multiple items that might have multiple lead-times and ship dates. It is typically applying to the main item of an order. Again, please call us ASAP at 877-532-8088 to discuss urgent needs and expedited shipping.
Due to restrictions set by the manufacturer and their distributors, Panasonic Toughbook computers and accessories cannot be returned. Customers should refuse delivery of any visibly damaged packages. Any non-visible damage must be reported immediately to MooringTech.com. Defective or malfunctioning units must be handled directly with Panasonic at 1-800-LAPTOP5 (800-527-867). Potential exceptions to this return policy can only be arranged prior to purchasing product and only with the explicit consent of a sales representative who is firmly aware of all extenuating circumstances. Returns will not be accepted by MooringTech.com without a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). Returned items lacking an RMA will be refused or sent back to the customer at the customer’s expense. Shipping and handling charges are always non-refundable. Please contact us at 877-532-8088 with any questions or concerns regarding this return policy.
All new Panasonic Toughbooks sourced from authorized dealers are protected from manufacturing defects for three years. The standard warranty includes a priority parts exchange program and repair service at no cost with overnight shipping to and from Panasonic included. Panasonic’s standard warranty (often referred to as “Toughbook Preferred”) also includes lifetime technical support directly with Panasonic at 1-800-LAPTOP-5. In addition, Toughbook end-users have online access to drivers, first-aid disks, BIOS updates, tools, utilities and manuals. Panasonic's Standard Manufacturer's Warranty does NOT cover accidental damage of any kind.
ORIGINAL BATTERY WARRANTY
All new batteries, whether included in the original Toughbook purchase or acquired as an accessory after the fact, are covered under warranty for one (1) year from date of purchase. Replacement batteries supplied to a customer under warranty are only covered through the end-date of the original purchase.
Extends original standard warranty (minus the battery) through 4 or 5 years.
While the standard warranty covers anything that happens to your Toughbook under normal operations (meaning manufacturer’s defects), it does NOT cover accidental damage of any kind. It is a common misconception that MIL-STD rated laptops like a Toughbook are warrantied for damage within a parameter like a 6ft drop. Meaning if you drop your Toughbook from 3 feet and it breaks then it is covered by the standard warranty. This is NOT correct. It is impossible for Panasonic to know if it were 3 inches or 3 stories. The only way to be covered from accidental damage is to purchase a Protection Plus or Ultimate Care warranty upgrade. Protection Plus covers one major component failure per year and is limited to one complete device replacement during the warranty period.
Ultimate Care is essentially unlimited Protection Plus. This means Panasonic will fix or replace your Toughbook an unlimited number of times within the upgraded warranty period. It does not apply in the case of natural disasters (think hurricane or fire) as well as theft/lose and intentional damage (you as the customer trying to upgrade an internal component when you shouldn’t).
This upgrade stands alone and is applied to any warranty or upgraded warranty you have on a Toughbook. Meaning if you have Ultimate Care, it also will now be on-site with Panasonic’s onsite upgrade. Panasonic will send out a Panasonic-certified technician to your door to perform repairs onsite.
MooringTech.com expressly disclaim all warranties either express or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose. MooringTech.com shall have no liability to anyone for incidental or consequential damages or any other liability, loss or damage arising out of or related to the merchandise. All merchandise is sold "AS IS." MooringTech.com makes no warranty as to the performance of any merchandise sold. We are not responsible for system downtime, lost data, etc. This disclaimer by “MooringTech.com” in no way affects the terms of a manufacturer's warranty. All trademarks or service marks are property of their respective owners. All new products come with the full manufacturer's warranty. Please contact the manufacturer to arrange for the warranty handling of all defective products. MooringTech.com does not provide any kind of repair services. Panasonic Support can be reached at 1-800-LAPTOP-5.
1. Copyright for the Company's website and all material appearing on it, such as text, photographs, images, music, and audio, (referred to collectively below as "content") belongs to the Company, the original author, or other entities. 2. Duplication, public transmission, modification, deletion, or reproduction on your website of content from the Company's website without the authorization of the copyright holder, whether the Company, the original author, or another entity, is prohibited under copyright law, except for printing or storage for personal use, or other specific use permitted under copyright law. You are therefore requested to contact the Company to obtain permission before making use of content appearing on the website. Note that permission to use such content may be refused if it contains portraits that are protected under law, copyrighted material or trademarks belonging to third parties, etc., or if the intended usage is deemed inappropriate by the Company. 3. If use is made of content with the permission of the Company, you are requested to display the copyright notice specified by the Company. Modification or deletion of the copyright notice without prior notice to the Company is prohibited.
1. Rights to the trademarks, logos, and product names appearing on the Company's website belong to the Company or to other entities. Usage of the above without authorization from the Company or the right holder is prohibited under trademark law, except for specific use permitted under trademark law or other laws. You are therefore requested to contact the Company to obtain permission before making use of trademarks, etc., appearing on the website.
USE OF WEBSITE
1. The content and other information appearing on the website are provided on "AS IS" basis. The Company makes no representation and warranty, either express or implied, as to the accuracy, usefulness, or certainty of any of the content or other information appearing on the website. The Company assumes no responsibility for any harm or loss to you that may arise through the use of content or other information appearing on the website. 2. The Company reserves the right to change or discontinue any or all elements of the website, including its structure, usage conditions, URL, and content or other information without prior notice. 3. The Company reserves the right to interrupt or discontinue operation of the website without prior notice.
LINKS TO WEBSITE
1. When linking to the Company's website (including listing the URL of the Company's website in a printed publication such as a magazine or a book), you are requested to contact the Company. Note that a lack of response from the Company does not indicate approval of the request to link to the website.
1. Occasionally the Company will solicit from your suggestions, ideas, etc., via specific websites it operates. In such cases, the handling of the suggestions, ideas, etc., submitted shall be subject to the conditions stipulated in the submission guidelines posted on the website. 2. Except as described in 5-1. above, the Company does not accept suggestions, ideas, etc., from customers via the Web, e-mail, or postal mail. 3. Sending any suggestions, ideas, etc. to the Company via the Web, e-mail, or postal mail in spite of 5-1. and 5-2. above, you will agree the conditions listed below. - The Company assumes no obligation to maintain confidentiality regarding the suggestions, ideas, etc., submitted. -The Company assumes no obligation to study, evaluate, or utilize the suggestions, ideas, etc., submitted. -The Company assumes no responsibility to compensate in any way the submitter or any third party even in the event that a product or service similar in whole or in part to the suggestions, ideas, etc., submitted is announced or released by the Company. -The Company may freely use at its discretion the suggestions, ideas, etc., submitted. In addition, the submitter may not exercise copyright or any other rights regarding the suggestions, ideas, etc., submitted.
INQUIRIES - Please contact the administrator (email@example.com) to submit any questions or comments you may have regarding the Company's website, permission to link to it, etc.
Yes. The new TOUGHBOOK G2 replaces not on the TOUGHBOOK G1, but the TOUGHBOOK 20 as well. It essentially merged two somewhat similar product lines into one offering.
Are TOUGHBOOK G2s in stock?
Like most TOUGHBOOK devices, availability will vary greatly depending on the exact set of features or options needed. At any given point in time, TOUGHBOOK G2s will carry a 45-90 day lead-time. We will occasionally have devices in stock and ready to ship. Please call us to confirm exactly what may or may not be in stock.
Are xPAKs user-installable?
Yes! The beauty of Panasonic's new modular designed TOUGHBOOK devices, which includes the TOUGHBOOK G2, is that optional xPAK upgrades are user-installable and can be added at anytime.