Panasonic's Toughbook 54 continues to deliver in its second version (Mk2). The Toughbook CF-54 with a highly customizable, thin, light-weight semi-rugged laptop that is easy on the eyes. Two pounds lighter and half an inch thinner than the competition, the Toughbook 54 features a spill-resistant, full magnesium alloy design, hard drive heater and backlit keyboard. Integrated options include dedicated GPS, 4G LTE mobile broadband with satellite GPS, antenna pass-through, and insertable and contactless SmartCard readers. Windows 10 is now offered from the factory with a Windows 7 downgrade option for a limited time. An optional second battery and dual hard drives round out a perfect blend of durability, portability and performance.
Windows 10 Pro with Windows® 7 downgrade option
14.0-inch HD & FHD with optional 1000 nit touchscreen
11 hours (8 hours Lite model), optional 2nd battery (+7 hours; hot-swappable)
500GB HD with up to 16GB RAM (4GB RAM is standard)
Optional DVD, 4G LTE, GPS, Backlit Keyboard, webcam and more
Standard WLAN, Bluetooth, USB 3.0(x3), SD Card, HDMI, Ethernet
POTENTIAL LEAD-TIME: 30-60 days or longer.
Please call to discuss what units and options might be in stock or can ship quickly.
What is included with a base unit?
- Choice of Windows 7 Pro 32-bit, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, or Windows 10 Pro
- Intel Core i5-6300U 2.40GHz Processor
- 500GB(5400rpm) Hard Drive
- 4GB RAM
- Intel WiFi a/b/g/n/ac & Bluetooth
- Lightweight Battery
- 3-Year Standard Toughbook Preferred Warranty
- AC Power Adapter
- Intel® HD Graphics 520
- 200 NIT, 14.0" HD 1366 x 768 Display
- Integrated speakers
- USB 3.0 (x 3), SD card (SDXC), HDMI, Ethernet, Headphones/Mic
- EVERYTHING ELSE IS OPTIONAL AND AN UPGRADE
The hugely popular Toughbook 53 has received a nice and well-received update. While the CF-53 will hang around as a current offering for another year or so, Panasonic's all new Toughbook CF-54 packs just about everything you love about the 53 into a slimmer, lighter-weight form factor and adds some really useful and compelling features. The Toughbook 54 will have an optional secondary battery, an optional second hard drive, optional high-end graphics and of course a touchscreen version. It's safe to say Panasonic has knocked this one out of the park. The Toughbook 54 should be a very popular unit with highly customizable features. Enjoy!
- MIL-STD-810G and IP5x dust protected design
- 2.3GHz Intel Core i5-5300U vPro Processor
- 4GB, 8GB or 16GB SDRAM (DDR3L-1600MHz)
- 1920 x 1080 (1000 nit) Touchscreen version
- Performance model with AMD FirePro M5100 Graphics
- Standard Emissive backlit keyboard
- Optional DVD Super MULTI Drive
- Optional 1080P webcam with mic
- 4G LTE multi carrier mobile broadband with satellite GPS
- Dual antenna pass-through
- Dedicated GPS (u-blox) or 2nd LAN or 4th USB (2.0) or rugged Fischer USB
- PC Card or DVD drive or media bay 2nd battery
- Contactless SmartCard/NFC or fingerprint readers
- Insertable SmartCard reader (bottom)
- 1080p webcam and mic
- 128GB SSD, 256GB SSD, 512GB SSD and 1TB 7200rpm HDD with heaters
- 2nd hard drive (onboard)
Related productsview more items
Starting at: $ 3,595.00
Starting at: $ 3,095.00
Starting at: $ 1,425.00
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
I'm looking for a CF 54 toughbook, with i5 processor, 500Gb HD, Windows 7 Pro in french (VERY IMPORTANT). I need something stock for next week.
We are unable to advise you in terms of a foreign language operating system. It is likely a simple language pack from Microsoft, but I'm afraid we are unable to provide a Toughbook something other than the standard Windows 7 Pro or Windows 10 Pro OS.
does this laptop meet the class1 dic2 standards
No, the Toughbook 54 does NOT have an optional ANSI Hazardous Location certified version for Class 1 Div 2 environments.
Can the 4G LTE multi carrier mobile option on the computer work for US and non-US carriers? Can I use other country's SIM cards? Specifically, I need to integrate US and Canada telephony. Thanks.
Integrated 4G LTE multi-carrier chips that are optional features on Toughbook and Toughpads are indeed "unlocked." We have had countless customers over the years use these modules internationally with evidently no issues. However, we are simply unable to promise or guarantee it will work for any specific carrier or location. I'm afraid there would be a bit of a leap of faith involved.
what is the different between 54 and cf54
There is no difference. Panasonic will typically refer to a model by just its name, such as Panasonic Toughbook 54. However, all part numbers or SKUs will start with "CF-" so you will also see this model referred to as a Panasonic Toughbook CF-54.
What are all of the differences between the Lite, Prime, Touchscreen and Performance models?
1. The "Lite" unit is going to offer the most basic configuration and will have some limitations on what options can be added. It will have a 500GB(5400rpm) hard drive, a light-weight battery and NO backlit keyboard. You CANNOT add a serial port, webcam, fingerprint or dual-pass to a Lite unit.
2. The "Prime" unit is going to offer the full menu of options and also adds a 500GB(7200rpm) hard drive, a long-life battery and a backlit keyboard. The Prime unit, like the Lite, will have a standard 1366 x 768 resolution.
3. The "Touchscreen" unit has everything a Prime unit has, but with a 1000-NIT sunlight viewable display and a 1920 x 1080 full HD resolution.
4. The "Performance" version has everything the Touchscreen unit has, except you substitute the touchscreen and 1000-NIT display for an AMD FirePro graphics card with dedicated video RAM. Unfortunately, you cannot have BOTH dedicated video RAM AND a bright outdoor viewable display. You have to make a fundamental choice between the two when deciding between a Touchscreen and Performance version.
How do one install the keyboard of the CF-54
Unfortunately the keyboard of a Toughbook 54 is tricky to remove and/or replace. I would suggest reaching out to Panasonic's warranty department at 1-800-LAPTOP-5 to set up a repair.
What is the difference with the CF-54 prime, lite, performance?
The "Lite" unit will offer a light-weight battery and 5400rpm hard drive standard and also limits the possible integrated options available. It is also lacking a backlit keyboard. The Prime unit will offer all possible options on a normal resolution and bright screen with standard graphics (shared video RAM). The Performance model offers everything like the Prime, but comes standard with a high-end graphics chip set with dedicated video RAM and a 1920x1080 Full HD display/resolution.